Monday, March 24, 2008

Back to Reality

So I arrived at the fair U of I feeling pretty good last night. I had a fairly fulfilling break: I slept better than I do at school, I ate better than I do at school, and I got to see people that I don't normally get to see at school. I also did not do a lick of schoolwork (Hey, midterms were hard and I earned a break, right?). Turns out that may create problems in the very immediate future.

I look over my syllabuses and realize, "Wow, I have crap due in all my classes the week I get back from break." A paper here, some reading there, and--oh, a group project for this class that's due this Wednesday. Not cool. Nobody met about the mini-comic before break because, well...midterms are a bitch and people had enough on their plates as it was without trying to worry about a project due in the seemingly distant future. Of course, nobody is going to work on the thing over spring break--not that we could. People are literally scattered all over the country, making the creation of a comic a wee bit difficult. So now we're looking at a Wednesday due date, giving us Monday and Tuesday to, you know...actually make the comic. To make matters worse, I'm pretty much booked solid Monday. At this point, I'm basically praying for the due date to get pushed back a week or so. Something tells me that other groups are in a similar boat, and the only other major assignment we have left is the final paper, so I'm hoping an extension on this one isn't out of the question.

I should be discussing this week's reading, but I'm still out of gear for academic discussion. I'm basically operating in whiny rant mode, if you couldn't tell by now. I might expand on this post later with some actually relevant material and my typical humorous image, but right now I'm too busy feeling salty and embittered over the end of spring break.

No comments: